- Incoming: Free
- Unlimited Data for upto 15days (Upto First 6GB @ 4G / LTE Speed)
- Included Talktime: upto 100THB
- Online Refill option available
- Data Validity: upto 15days from first use
- Talktime Validity: 30 days
- Network: AIS/DTAC
- Billing: Prepaid
- 3-in-1 (standard, micro and nano) size SIM card fits all phones.
- Know your number in advance. Activation before travel.
- Rates subject to change by AIS/DTAC without notice.
Using the SIM Card
Using the SIM Card for the first time
Power off your phone
Insert your new SIM card
Power on your phone
Your phone should connect on a GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
Please also note, using this SIM card to surf Internet or make calls outside Thailand will significantly reduce the data and voice usage capacity, or even cause the SIM card to be suspended.
AIS & DTAC have extensive 4G coverage across Thailand. AIS, however, Thailand’s largest GSM mobile phone operator, is said to have slightly better coverage nationwide compared to other cellular operators. DTAC, on the other hand, is reputed to have a slightly faster network.
People in Thailand can just dial your number preceded by 0 to reach you, for example, 08-1234-5678; People outside Thailand need to dial +66 plus your number, for example, +66 812345678
Calling a mobile number in Thailand
Dial the 9 digit mobile number preceded by 0; Thailand mobile numbers start with 8, 9 or 6. For example, to reach mobile number 832332332 you will need to dial 0832332332
Calling a fixed line number in Thailand
Dial 0 + area code + phone number; for example, 02-1234-5678 or 043-213456
Calling USA from Thailand
Dial 003 or 00400 + 1 and the 10 digit USA number. E.g. to call USA number 646 918 1335:
- DTAC cards: Dial 0040016469181335
- AIS cards: Dial 00316469181335
Call Local AIS Customer Care team at 1175 OR DTAC Customer Care at 1678 if you are within the country.
TSIM’s customer service agents can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +1 646 918 1335.
Account Balance Enquiries
Simply dial *121# from your AIS Traveller SIM OR *101*9# from your DTAC Happy Tourist SIM to get your plan current balance.
Airtime Top Up
Visit any of AIS Telewiz, AIS Kiosks, DATC Stores or Family Mart Stores in Thailand. Top ups available for 50THB, 100THB, 300THB, 500THB & 1000THB.
Extension of validity
These cards can be refilled at the telecom operator’s store for an extension of validity.
These refills will generally be more expensive than the rates paid to TSIM. However, we are not in a position to aid you in extending the validity of the card.
For most devices, this SIM card does not require any APN configuration to access Internet. iPhones rarely require any APN setting. However, some Android based devices may require you to manually configure their APN in order to access Internet correctly. If you have an Android OS based device, and your phone can make calls and receive texts, but cannot access Internet, please try to configure the APN based on the following instructions:
New APN setting:
Enter Wireless Control-> Mobile Network Settings-> Wireless Access Points (WAP) name-> Menu-> New APN, then input following information:
For AIS TRAVELLER SIM
For DTAC HAPPY TOURIST SIM
Summary of Thailand Operators
|Data Speed||Very Good||Excellent||Best|
|Local Minutes Included5||100||100||100|
|USA Minutes Included||33||100||40|
|China Minutes Included||100||100||40|
|USA Dialing Dialing Prefix||003||00400||006|
|China & HK Dialing Prefix||00300||00400||006|
|Recommendation||Best for remote areas||Our overall winner||Best for urban travel|
- Operator provides Username & password
- E.g.100 Baht discount on some taxi fares. Discount vouchers change from time to time.
- Social media does not consume your data balance. This does not include using social media to make voice/video calls.
- We can provide no helpdesk support to use additional features of the SIM Card.
- Local Minutes share 100 THB talktime with International Minutes and SMS. You can use your talktime for any destination or a combination of destinations.